Omega-3 is a separate group of unsaturated fatty acids which are not produced by the human body. In case of shortage of these acids, the person may experience certain effects, such as physiological and biochemical disorders.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids have a number of positive effects that are most relevant to bodybuilding activities.
The main ones are:
– Increase of metabolism rate;
– Improved insulin sensitivity;
– Improved rheology (flow) of blood. Reduced viscosity leads to an improvement in blood pressure, reduces the risk of thrombosis, heart attacks, strokes and heart disease ;
– Improved body tone and endurance;
– Loss of appetite;
– Omega-3 fatty acids are immediate precursors of natural anti-inflammatory components of human blood, prostaglandins. Prostaglandins helps bodybuilders and athletes to resist better intense training activities;
– Omega-3 helps prevent stress and improve brain activity. The human brain is composed of60% fat tissue by and for a better functioning it requires polyunsaturated omega-3.
– improvedstate of skin demis.
– Energy production without the risk of increasing the mass of fat.
– Catalyzing of production of hormones, including testosterone.
The daily rate of omega-3 fats
– In order to normalize blood cholesterol, as well as to strengthen the overall health is 1-1.5 g per day;
– During a diet, in order to increase muscle mass, the dose of omega-3 fats should be set within the 3 g;
– During a diet, inorder to lose weight one should take about 4 grams of omega-3.